A question about SPD selectors

Hi All,

I am having some confusion about the selectors in SPD. For the type of
IP addresses standard says that an SPD entry can be a single IP address,

                                                            multicast,
                                                            a range of
addresses or
                                                            a wildcard
address.

But it does not say any combinations of these types. That means comma
seperated list of
the above values. For example
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd-aaa.bbb.ccc.eee,aaa.bbb.fff.ggg,aaa.bbb.fff.hhh

I think for the hostgroups we can give the comma seperated list of above
types.

Can any body explain why can't we have same thing for the SPD too.

Thank you very much in advance
Sashidhar Annaluru
(908)-580-8014
avs@winner.lc.lucent.com