RE: simultaneous lifetime type support required?

Yes.  Both expiry types should be supported at the same time.  Expiry would happen when either of the expiry values et triggered.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott G. Kelly [mailto:skelly@redcreek.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 1998 5:34 PM
To: Roy Pereira; ipsec@tis.com
Subject: Re: simultaneous lifetime type support required?

Roy Pereira wrote:

You should be able to support both expiry types for both phase 1 and phase 2 SAs.

Multiple occurrences of each expiry type is forbidden though.

I recognize the need to support both types, but the question is, am I required to support both types simultaneously? That is, if you send me 2 lifetime payloads together, one in kbytes and one in seconds, does this mean you want both values used, with the actual expiration based upon whichever occurs first?