Re: simultaneous lifetime type support required?

    Scott> state that a system MUST/should/may support simultaneous specification
    Scott> of seconds/kbytes for SA lifetimes, terminating the SA depending upon

  I understand what you are asking now. Sorry.

  "lifetime" occurs on page 23 of the architecture document.
	(arch-sec-06.txt)
  "lifetime" occurs on page 5 of RFC1825.
  section 4.2 of ciph-des-expiv-02.txt discussed lifetimes in general.

  The doi and isakmp use the word "lifetime" several times, but don't
say anything about what is supported.
  Therefore, I agree with you. It doesn't say that you must support
simultaneous limits.

  Perhaps Ran or Paul can let us know if there were specific thoughts
about this in the first round of RFCs.

   :!mcr!:            |  "Elegant and extremely rapid for calculation are the
   Michael Richardson | techniques of Young tableaux. They also have the merit
 Personal: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html">mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca</A>. PGP key available.
 Corporate: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/">sales@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca</A>.