Re: simultaneous lifetime type support required?

    Angelos> In message <35A501E9.77B96C7C@redcreek.com>, "Scott G. Kelly" writes:
    >>
    >> The question has not been answered satisfactorily by any of the
    >> state that a system MUST/should/may support simultaneous specification
    >> of seconds/kbytes for SA lifetimes, terminating the SA depending upon
    >> which limit is reached first? I see a reference to multiple lifetimes in
    >> DOI (section 4.5.2), but this is just parsing info, and does not contain
    >> any language indicating the implementation status (must/may/should). I
    >> see no other references.

    Angelos> This is implied by the fact both lifetimes appeared in the same
    Angelos> proposal. Otherwise, one could ask "am I supposed to support 3DES
    Angelos> encryption and MD5 MAC simultaneously ?" which is what your question
    Angelos> sounds like. As the draft mentions (somewhere), the proposal is
    Angelos> accepted as a block.

  The question is, MUST a compliant implementation accept such a proposal?

   :!mcr!:            |  "Elegant and extremely rapid for calculation are the
   Michael Richardson | techniques of Young tableaux. They also have the merit
 Personal: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html">mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca</A>. PGP key available.
 Corporate: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/">sales@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca</A>.