Re: simultaneous lifetime type support required?

Scott,

The text in Section 4.5.2 of the DOI was meant to require simultaneous support
for both types of lifetime, but I see how one could interpret that as just a
parsing requirement, given the title of that section.  However, it has always
been the intent to require implementations to support both simultaneously for
the obvious reason that negotiated key lifetimes is one of the more important
attributes of any key management protocol.

I'll make this more explicit in the next version of the document.

Derrell