40-bit DES negotiation in IKE?

	I've no doubt that this issue has been covered, but could some kind
soul
	tell me how 40-bit DES is negotiated with IKE - or not.  As far as I
can see,
	you can't negotiate 40-bit, so 40-bit is restricted to manual-key
SA.

	I realise folk see 40-bit DES as counter-security, but at the
moment, 40-bit is
	all that can be exported to Joe Public (from the US).

	(When is the US export department going to notice that there is no
point to
	this export stratagy - DES/3DES are well know and simple to build
into hardware - anywhere. This
	policy is simply putting the US at a disadvanatge in the world
market for security products).

	Cheers, Steve.