Update: IPSec interop workshop Aug 31st - Sept 3

Updated info below.

IPSec Bakeoff in Redmond, WA
Mon-Thurs, Aug 31st- Sept 3, setup on Sunday 12noon+.
Official Start Time: 8:30am Monday, End Time: 16:00 Thursday
Microsoft Main Campus, Olympic Room in bldg. 27N
Redmond, WA

I. Cost
I. Participants
II. Hotel Info

I. Cost: No fees on our side yet.  I'm still preparing the budget and
seeking approval.  Will know about Wed of next week.  I don't expect any
problems.

I. Participants - we are at capacity with those who have sent me replies.
IPSec Implementations
   - Axent/Raptor
   - Cisco reference & IOS
   - Checkpoint
   - GNU
   - Intel
   - Interlink
   - IRE
   - Microsoft NT
   - Netscreen
   - Redcreek
   - Shiva
   - SSH
   - Timestep
   - Worldcom/ANS

Others (and those I wasn't sure if they had implementations)
   - HiFn
   - Verisign
   - Worldcom Advanced Networks - James Matheke
   - Digital Signature Trust Company
   - Microsoft PKI, Directory reps

II. Hotel Info

There are three hotels in one cluster where I hope everyone can stay.  They
are about 8 blocks from main campus and about 2 blocks from a bus line.

Marriott Residence Inn, Also Marriott Fairfield and Marriott Courtyard
14455 NE 29th Place
Bellevue WA 98007
206-882-1222, 800-331-3131

Otherwise:
Bellevue Red Lion
300 112th SE
Bellevue, WA 98004
206-455-1300, 800-547-8010

La Quinta Inn
10520 Northrup Way
Kirkland WA 98004
206-828-6585, 800-531-5900

Hyatt Regency Bellevue
NE 8th & Bellvue Way
Bellevue, WA
206-462-1234, 800-228-9000

I caution against staying in Redmond or the Seattle side because of traffic.
Any other hotel in Bellevue will work.

III. Facility
The current room may change if I can't get a security guard hired.  But here
is what I plan for the current room 27N/Olympic.

It is a large multipurpose presentation room, flat floor, capacity 120
seats, but we'll have about 30-40 tables around the edge in two rows in the
middle.  MS will provide the network (suggestions on configurations
welcome).  MS can provide monitors & keyboards and a Pentium PC preloaded
with Win9x or NT4 sp3 (send request if you haven't already).

Presentation aids available: PC for Power point slides, hooked up to a BarCo
overhead projection to large screen.  Also will have a transparency overhead
projector, paper flip chart and dry erase boards.

Load in on Sunday 3pm-7pm, then Monday 7am+.  Shipto address is TBD, but we
would receive equipment and deliver on Monday morning to the room for you to
unbox.  At 4pm Thursday, I'll have a truck arrive to pick up your packed
boxes for shipping back home.  There is a meeting room in the lobby which
can be schedule with receptionist.

Photocopy is currently available by escort during the day.  I'll try to move
one copier out for our room.

I'm trying to work on getting 24hr access.

I'm also trying to work on a mailing list for info and discussion preceding.

Wm
William Dixon, 425-703-8729, wdixon@microsoft.com
Program Manager, Internet Protocol Security
PBS Windows Networking & Communications
Microsoft Corporation