Re: 40-bit DES negotiation in IKE?

At 02:11 PM 8/13/98 +0100, Stephen Waters wrote:

>I realise folk see 40-bit DES as counter-security, but at the moment,
40-bit is
>all that can be exported to Joe Public (from the US).

No, this is an incorrect statement.  At the moment I'm aware of
least two cryptographic systems which can be exported outside the
US and Canada with unlimited key strength to any type of firm in
any country except for a half dozen like Iraq, North Korea, etc.
Both of these systems have key recovery, TIS via 3rd party escrow
and TriStrata via self escrow.

- Alex
--

Alex Alten