ICMP type field as SPD selector?

I am trying to prepare a sufficient specification of how IPv6 "Router
Renumbering" should (excuse me, MUST) be protected by IPsec.  Router
renumbering is done through ICMPv6 packets with Type=138.  The Type
field is not one of those listed in section 4.4.2 of the
ipsec-arch-sec-07 as a REQUIRED or OPTIONAL selector parameter, and
yet I'm sure one would not want to treat all ICMP types equally, in
general.

I would suggest that the Type field be mentioned as a selector
parameter, but it seems a little late for that.  Perhaps my document
could dictate that implemetations must support such a selector, but
that seems a bit far afield.  I solicit other suggestions.
Matt Crawford                    crawdad@fnal.gov                     Fermilab
"A5.1.5.2.7.1. Remove all classified and CCI boards from the COMSEC equipment,
thoroughly smash them with a hammer or an ax, and scatter the pieces."