Re: issues with IKE that need resolution

At 08:30 PM 9/16/98 -0700, Daniel Harkins wrote:
>  What do other people think? I imagine either party could set it and it
>could be set in any message.

I think the approach Dan suggests will provide a more extensible protocol.
Based on the definition of the commit bit, I also assumed it could be set
by either party in any message.

Finally, Section 2 of the IKE ID talks about using IKE in client mode. I
ASSUME the commit bit could be set by either IKE entity to hold off use of
the SA until IKE transfers the SA information to its client.

Tom Markham