Re: issues with IKE that need resolution

Saroop Mathur wrote:

> It will be useful to make the port number also a list of numbers and a list
> of ranges.

Of course, you are right. Lists of ports would be useful, but maybe not
in all cases presented. For example, the (practical) usefulness of a
port list for a list of subnets seems debatable, although I suppose the
argument could be made.

I guess the bottom line is that this will require some more thought. I
know we would like a mechanism for protocol and port lists/ranges,
because the current mechanism requires a separate SA for each
port/protocol pair unless you'll accept '0' as a wildcard protocol, and
assume a non-zero port value modifies the '0' to mean TCP|UDP. This is a
hack, though, and not a very useful one at that.

Any suggestions for constructing and differentiating these port lists?