Re: issues with IKE that need resolution

Nonces are always needed to preserve freshness of authentication
(i.e., to protect against replay attacks).
If you ASSUME M-ID to be random and unique, that may suffice
(though I personally do not like basing security in fields such as
M-ID or SPI which do not hve an obvious or intrinsic security
functionality)

Hugo