RE: multiple payloads via "ID_LIST"

Title: RE: multiple payloads via "ID_LIST"

The idea was to have the ability of setting up one SA for multiple source and destinations instead of having to setup multiple SAs for these combinations that would all have the same SA parameters.  If you consider a group of non-adjacent nodes part of the same entity, then why can't we identify these nodes in an ID payload?

For example:

If in my policy I had placed (a) 10.0.0.1, (b) 10.0.1.*, (c) 10.0.2.* all in the same object (O1) and I had (d) 11.0.0.*, (e) 11.0.1.* in another object (O2) and I want to set up a tunnel between those two objects.

Right now I would have to setup 6 SAs (a->d, a->e, b->d, d->e, c->d, c->e), even though that only one policy rule exists between these two objects (O1->O2).

A better approach would be to have a MetaID type that can accomodate multiple ID types.  Then I could setup one SA per (logical) policy rule instead of the physical network layout.

When you add ports to this picture, it seams even more important to create a MetaID type.