Re: Summary of responses: Network World article on IPSec

At 08:51 AM 9/23/98 -0400, Anne Anderson - Sun Microsystems wrote:
 SNIP

>[Bob Moskowitz (ANX, ICSA), co-chair of IPSec WG]:
>
>I spent an hour with Ms. Messmer to help her 'get it right' and was
>seriously mis-quoted.  So badly in fact, that I doubt I will ever
>speak to her again and perhaps her magazine (dispite what my company
>PR person says I should do).

A number of years ago some general (I cannot remember his name) was quoted
as saying:

"Talking to the press is like mud wrestling with pigs. The pigs have a lot
of fun and you get covered with mud."

I guess Bob is not the first to be mis-quoted.

Tom Markham