IPsec vs SKIP Protocol

Sir,

Currently, I am working on a project and this has certain portion that
deals with encryption. The specification requires encryption and key
management SKIP. I'm not a guru of encryption although I know some
basics. Please explain to me SKIP and how do we contrast this with
IPSec. I am proposing a Cisco products which I know use IPSec - 40-DES
and 56-DES. Is there a 144-bit encryption?

Again, excuse me for being not aware of the details of encryption.
Please help me. I don't even know if the subject I put is correct.

Hoping for your immediate response.

Many thanks & rgds,
Robert