RE: VPN bakeoff in October & export licensing.

Henry Spencer wrote:
> Maybe.  I hadn't heard about that change (although I might not have, since
> our project has no further interest in DES56 except to laugh at it), and I
> would suggest double-checking.  I also suggest checking for footnotes like
> "but you still have to fill out form 12345 for each item exported".

I can't hit www.bxa.doc.gov at the moment, but the White House press
release says "Prior to export, products are subject to a one-time
product technical review."  I assume this is the "form #####" footnote
you (Henry) expected.  Bottom line appears to be: BXA still wants you
to get permission before you take or send it out of the US.  I assume
they'll be looking for assurances that it can't be converted to 3DES or
DESX by the end user and the usual bumf.  Don't count on getting to
take your source code back home, Stephen. :)

	Jim Gillogly