IPSec Policy mailing list

Title: IPSec Policy mailing list

At IETF/Chicago, it was decided to create separate mailing lists for IPSec topics that required individual forums.  IPSec Policy was one of those topics and we now have a mailing list dedicated to it.

PURPOSE OF LIST
"Policy" can include schema, architecture, discovery, distribution and any protocol associated with those functions.

INTERNET DRAFTS
---------------

Current internet drafts associated with IPSec Policy include:

 "IPSec Policy Data Model"
    <draft-ietf-ipsec-policy-model-00.txt>
 "An LDAP Schema for Configuration and Administration of
  IPSec based Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)"
    <draft-ietf-ipsec-vpn-policy-schema-00.txt>
 "Secure Configuration of IPsec-Enabled Network Devices"
    <draft-ietf-ipsec-secconf-00.txt>
 "Security Policy Specification Language"
    <draft-ietf-ipsec-spsl-00.txt>

RULES
-----

(copied from the Firewall-Wizards mailing list)

1.  Commercial postings are discouraged unless they are of
    high technical content. I.e.: it is OK to post a description of a
    product or how a product could help solve a problem. It is
    NOT OK to follow up to postings saying "buy our thing! it
    does that!"

2.  It is acceptable to include URLs in postings that point to
    marketing materials on another website, as long as they are
    not the primary content of the posting.

3.  Spam will be discarded without acknowledgement.

4.  Flame wars are discouraged. If they happen, I will contact
    both parties out of band and ask them to desist. Postings to
    the effect of "stop this flamewar" will be discarded without
    acknowledgement but will be taken into consideration by the
    moderator.