IKE draft: F2m curves, m composite

Hi,

I'd like to get your attention on F2**m curves, m composite,
again. IKE draft includes those curves at present, third and
fourth Oakley groups specifically.

FYI

Miles Smid, NIST, made an announcement on Tuesday 10/13/98 that the DSS
FIPS
would be extended to include portions of X9.62 ECDSA, specifically when
the fields
are F2**p, p-prime.

Just to remind you that the composite curves have been pulled
from the ATM Forum's security standard as well. There should
be a reason for that, shouldn't there.

In his e-mail, Dan Harkins wrote
>  6. There was also some desire to add new elliptic curve groups for
>      Diffie-Hellman. Perhaps new groups would be best handled by a
>      separate document. What do people feel? IKE or seperate document?

I've been reading IPSec mailing list and nobody has written about it
since then. What do you think? Should we add new EC groups into IKE
or write a separate document? I think that in the last case we
could move all DH groups into one single document describing
DH and groups properties and IKE would just refer to that
document as it needs to.

Thanks,
Yuri Poeluev
Certicom Corp.