RE: [Fwd: Re: re-keying]

Title: RE: [Fwd: Re: re-keying]

There is nothing in the drafts that indicate that this is a problem with quick mode. First, there are no restrictions on the number of phase 2 SAs between peers, even with the same selectors. Second, the initial contact notification is to be used only with phase 1 negotiations.

If an implementation is able to simultaneously negotiate multiple phase 2 SAs, then there are no problems with phase 2. There is, of course, the issue of what you do with them once you have them; that's part of the reason for the re-keying document.

---
Tim Jenkins                       TimeStep Corporation
tjenkins@timestep.com          http://www.timestep.com
(613) 599-3610 x4304               Fax: (613) 599-3617