proposal payload ID #

	draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-10 (section 4.2) says that payload ID #
	of proposal payload and transform payload has to be "monotonically
	increasing number", as attached.
	I noticed that some of existing implementaton barks if we send
	non-contiguous proposal payload ID #, say 1,3,5.  (they are
	happy with 1,2,3, or 10,11,12)
	I would like to know if non-contiguous ID # is allowed or not.

	I feel that, if we are to disallow non-contiguous number,
	the ID # has almost no meaning at all...  Also, "monotonically"
	does not mean "contiguous".

itojun@kame.net
jun-ichiro itoh

(proposal payload)
>sented in the initiator's preference order.  The use of different Proposal
>numbers in multiple Proposal payloads provides a logical OR operation,
>i.e.  Proposal 1 OR Proposal 2, where each proposal may have more than one
>protocol.  The second example below shows either an AH AND ESP protection
>suite OR just an ESP protection suite.  Note that the Next Payload field
>of the Proposal payload points to another Proposal payload (if it exists).
>The existence of a Proposal payload implies the existence of one or more
>Transform payloads.

(transform payload)