RE: Selection of proposals

SG1 will run two separate IKE exchanges - one with SG2 and the other with
H2.  If it proposes [ESP (3DES or DES) and AH (SHA1 or MD5)] to SG1,
obviously the exchange is going to fail because SG2 is not configured for
AH.  If it proposes just the ESP transforms, SG2 will pick one, and a set of
inbound and outbound ESP SAs will be created between SG1 and SG2.
Similarly, a set of AH SAs will be created between SG1 and H2.  These two
sets of SAs are independent of each other.  What SG2 picks during IKE has
nothing to do with what H2 picks.  If you want to logically link the two
sets of SAs on SG1 together, that's fine.

On SG1, you'd really have:
For SG2:
	Proposal #1:
		ESP with 3DES