A question about XAUTH

Hi All,

I have a question about XAUTH draft. The XUTH draft refers to "The ISAKMP
Configuration Method" draft, since it is an extension to the configuration
draft.

Let us say we are using "Request/Reply" mechanism.

Let us say that there is a client C1 and a Secure Gateway SG1. Assume that C1 is
initiator of IKE phase1.

Now the question:  What is the normal behavior, if SG1 needs to send REQUEST
after the ISAKMP SA are established? Since the C1 is the IKE initiator, does it
need to initiate after the ISAKMP SAs are established? In that case how can we
use "Request/Reply", requested from SG1?

Can some body explain about this?

Thanks in advance
Sashidhar Annaluru
Lucent Technologies.