Re: How do IKE peers synchronize public keys ?

Tero Kivinen wrote:

> If the certificates both are for the same public key this is ok, and
> it doesn't matter which one the initiator uses. If the public key is
> different, then I think the responder MUST not send two end user
> certificates, only one.

Looking at the ISAKMP draft once again it says:

" The responder to the Certificate Request payload MUST
send its certificate, if certificates are supported, based on the values
contained in the payload.  If multiple certificates are required, then
multiple Certificate Request payloads SHOULD be transmitted. "

The wording contradicts what we think an implementation should do....

 Sara.

Follow-Ups: References: