questions re: pki ExtendedKeyUsage

  On page 10 of the IPsec PKI requirements, you write:

            3. ExtendedKeyUsage SHOULD be checked to ensure the certificate
               is valid for the system in question, including the
               criticality fields.  This extension MUST be treated as
               critical.

  a) which "system" is the system in question?
  b) does this mean that the key should be a signing key, or an
encryption key, or...
  I think you mean:
	If RSA (DSS) Signature mode is to be used, the
	ExtendedKeyUsage should include signatures.
	If RSA Encryption mode is to be used, the ExtendedKeyUsage
	should include encryption.

  I think we also agreed awhile ago that the key should say
"signature" even if the key will be ultimately used to establish an
encrypted session.  I imagine you say this somewhere, but I haven't
found it yet.

]     Internet Security. Have encryption, will travel           |1 Fish/2 Fish[
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |Red F./Blow F[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[