Re: more on ipsec-mib-02 - Phase 1 tunnels

   From: Tim Jenkins <tjenkins@TimeStep.com>
   To: John Shriver <jas@shiva.com>, ipsec@tis.com
   Subject: RE: more on ipsec-mib-02 - Phase 1 tunnels
   Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:15:47 -0500

   > Presumably the IPSEC-DOI-TC should be administered by the IANA, who
   > also administers these DOI values.  This eliminates the whole RFC
   > process issue.

   This sounds good to me. How do we go about getting it done?

I will contact the IANA about this.  From past experience requesting
ifType values, it will be a while until we get a response.

We possibly should also put the initial version of this IPSEC-DOI-TC
MIB into one of the standards track documents.  For instance, there is
a copy of IANAifType-MIB in RFC 1573, but not in the later RFC 2233.
(Not sure what the preffered approach is.)

Certainly, the IANA would appreciate an initial draft of the
IPSEC-DOI-TC MIB, I certainly could cut & paste & type it up...