Re: Use IPSEC as SSH replacement

I had originally hoped, in fact, that IPSec would make tools like SSH
unnecessary by providing upper layer tools sufficient information that
they could simply ask the identity of the other side of any TCP
session from the security layer and not need to manage any
cryptography on their own at all. Sadly, things have not thus far
worked out this way, but it is not an unreasonable goal for people to
be striving for.

Perry