Re: Minor Security issues regarding Kb rekeying

Tim Jenkins wrote:

> Not if Alice sends a required and reliable delete indication to Bob.
> Oh, wait, we don't have one!!
>
> See my re-keying document for a proposal for a delete mode that can
> help reduce problems like this.

Even if you had this proposed delete mode, you still cannot make sure this
delete gets to Bob.
Eve (or should I say Mallory) could still prevent this delete from reaching
Bob.

Anyway, I don't think this should be considered a major security issue.
Maybe it's worth mentioning
in one of the Security Considerations paragraphs.

Zegman Tamir
Encryption group, R&D                    Tel: +972-3-7534606
Check Point Software Tech. Ltd.  Fax: +972-3-5759256
3A Jabotinsky St., Diamond Tower
Ramat-Gan 52520, ISRAEL

e-mail:  zegman@checkpoint.com            http://www.checkpoint.com