Authentication Header

Hi,

In authentication header what should be length of ICV? Just depending on
algorithm selected or something more than that? In the
"*auth-header-07.txt" it talks about "standard" case of 96 bit. Does
this mean that in AH, I should put only 96 bit or consider only 96 bit
for verification. In ESP header it doesn't talk anything like this. So
looks like I will have to put complete ICV according to algorithm
selected. Am I right? If not please clarify.