Re: Anycast

"Hilarie K. Orman" <ho@earth.hpc.org> writes:

> Initial multicast key distribution might be heavyweight, it might
> be cumbersome, but it's not HARD or even hard.

The hard part is making it lightweight and efficient.

If your goal is to provide _a_ solution, then we've already got
several not-hard alternatives (albeit still in their infancy).  It
becomes a significantly more difficult problem when we think about
making an efficient and effective solution for the different imagined
scenarios.

Regardless, the pointers to SMUG:

http://www.ipmulticast.com/community/smug/

indicate the right forum for this discussion.

ben