Re: Basic IKE authentication question

  You don't necessarily need a certificate to do any of the public key
authentication methods in IKE, you just need the peer's public key. They
just have to be exchanged in some out-of-band mechanism (like manual
exchange the way cisco's freeware code does it) if you're not using certs.
IKE provides a mechanism to distribute exchange certs but not untrusted
public keys.

  Dan.

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:08:28 EST you wrote