RE: Management of Ceritificates in IKE

> ----------

Yes you can get the end entity certificate out of band, it does not need to
come in the IKE exchange, however this is usually the most convenient.

As for the CA certificate, before beginning an IKE exchange you will always
trust at least one CA.  When validating the peers certificate you must be
able to build a chain of trust from the CA that signed the peers certificate
to the CA you trust.  This "chain" can be delivered to you in IKE, or you
can build it yourself  (look it up using LDAP).  The important point being
that you must be able to establish a link between the CA you trust and the
CA that the peers certificate was signed by.

> And is there any protocol to manage the certificate repository ?

LDAP (X.500) are the most common, assuming X.509 certificates.

Bye.
----
Greg Carter, Entrust Technologies
greg.carter@entrust.com