RE: Q about SA bundles

Howdy ()
	So let me see if I got this right:

IPSEC allows for the sharing of one SA among many SA bundles.

ISAKMP does not allow for the negotiation of new bundles which make use of a
pre-existing / shared SA.

And furthermore there is a MIB draft out which also will not allow SA
sharing among bundles. (will others <verify | contradict> my reading here)?

So it either takes draft work on ISAKMP and MIB to preserve the sharing /
reuse ideas or we admit that sharing/reuse of SAs among different bundles
will not happen in IPSEC.

Just honestly trying to come up to speed... is this where we are?

#  Ricky Charlet
#   rcharlet@RedCreek.com
#  (510) 795-6903
end Howdy;