RE: SSL v IPSEC for management?

You can install additional certificates into your browser and treat them as
trusted. Naturally, these should be retrieved in a secure manner (usually
some out-of-band mechanism). This problem is no different then using certs
with IPSec. You always require a trusted 'root' certificate.

Paul Kierstead
TimeStep Corporation