RE: Legal claims on encryption and authentication algorithm

The DES patent is owned by IBM, but IBM has waived the license
fee, i.e. anyone can use DES free of charge.

The DES patent is **not** owned by RSA Data Security.

On a sidenote, the patent for the RSA public key algorithm will expire
in how many months?  11?  13?   :-)))

Greg Glawitsch
Network Associates, Inc.