Re: New IPSec Monitoring MIB draft

    Lewis> This last point isn't obvious to me. In view of the work on trust
    Lewis> metrics for certification paths, I imagine that examining the
    Lewis> whole path might be useful. Since the overall authentication
    Lewis> relies upon the entire path, I'm not sure why you would single out
    Lewis> the terminal cert for inclusion in the MIB.

  I would agree.
  Would it be legal for an implementation to put Phase I SAs that *failed*
to be set up due to authentication failures?

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
 Corporate: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.