RE: Question about mis-match SA lifetimes

When one side is using a 1 hour lifetime and the other side an eight hour
lifetime, there definitely will be problems when the eight hour side trys to
use the IKE SA after the first hour.  That's why we need a phase 1
RESPONDER-LIFETIME ASAP.  But without it the eight hour daemon should still
be able to recover and initiate a new Phase 1 that will allow communications
to proceed (especially if the 1 hour daemon initiates a new phase 1 so that
he can send a secure invalid cookie to the other side).  In the meantime the
logging of the failure after the first hour will enable the administrators
to sort out what's going wrong and fix it so that communications will
proceed in a better fashion.  I just think it's better to allow some
communication to proceed while the lifetime mismatch is sorted out rather
than block all communication until it is sorted out.
-dave