HELP

Hi,
     I am a student from China, and am interested in IPsec,
 I have a question about IKE, followed fragment is cut off
 from RFC1409:

        KEYMAT = prf(SKEYID_d, g(qm)^xy | protocol | SPI | Ni_b | Nr_b)
    where g(qm)^xy is the shared secret from the ephemeral
Diffie-Hellman

    exchange of this Quick Mode.

      I wonder how to determine the bits of item g(qm)^xy,as to MODP,
 the leading(high order or most significant bits) zero  should be
 trimmed off? as to ECP or EC2N, the item is a point ,say,(X,Y), then
 the Y should be compressed, and the leading zero should be trimmed off?

     THANKS & REGARDS

     Wang Huaibo

    6/2