Different Encryption Algorithms for Sned and Receive using IKE?

I have a simple question that I want to clarify.
Using SAs negotiated by IKE phase2, is it possible to use
different encryption algorithms for sending and receiving data?

By reading ISAKMP and IKE RFCs, encryption algorithms for
both directions become the same.  It this True?

If one wants to use different encryption algorithms,
the only way is to use manual keys, right?

Thanks in advance,

Hiroki I.
NEC Corp.