Proxy IDs and Tunnel mode Question

Hi,

    I am running a test to ipsec-wit.antd.nist.gov. I am running in
tunnel mode and I am not getting Proxy IDs sent to me during the Quick
mode negotiation. It was my understanding that the proxy IDs are
required in tunnel mode, how else do you know what net you are actually
tunneling to.

    What happens in the case of a host running tunnel mode? Do you just
assume that if there is no proxy ID's and you are in tunnel mode then
this a host and not a gateway? In that case what is to stop a person
from pretending that they are a host but really acting as a gateway and
forwarding all traffic from the tunnel to anywhere?

Thanks
Andy

--

Andrew Sweeney