IKE Keep-alives

All:

We are currently using a proprietary IKE keep-alive mechanism between our
IPSec client software and our IPSec concentrator.  We use the keep-alives to
alert the concentrator if a modem connection has dropped or if the Internet
link has gone down so that we can clean up the appropriate remote access SAs
quickly.

My question is: Is there a more standard way of doing this?  I could not
find anything applicable in any of the RFCs.

Thanks in advance,

Victor

*****/
 Victor Volpe                                        Altiga Networks, Inc.
 Principal Software Engineer               124 Grove Street, Suite 309
 vvolpe@altiga.com                              Franklin, MA 02038

 Phone: (508) 541-7300 x105
 Fax    : (508) 541-7030                       www.altiga.com
*****/