RE: Last Call: Mobility Support in IPv6 to Proposed Standard

> The IPsec architecture does not envision processing by
> intermediate nodes
> in the fashion you allude to. Only end systems and security gateways
> perform IPsec processing, and they are arranged in pairs to
> bracket SAs.

I'm not suggesting anything that would change the pairwise nature of
security associations. I'm suggesting that intermediate destination node
that is processing a  routing header be treated as a security gateway, so
the sending node can have tunnel-mode security associations with the
intermediate node and the sending node can have security associations with
the final destination node.

What alternative are you suggesting? Are you saying that an IPsec-enabled
node should drop any packet with a routing header? Or are you saying that an
IPsec-enabled node should process the routing header & forward the packet
and bypass all IPsec processing?

Thanks,
Rich