Re: Bridging non-IP traffic over IPSec

  It's already in the Win00 beta. The last bakeoff was a joint IPSec and
L2TP bakeoff. The groups pretty much kept to themselves but there were
a few vendors who did both (and did both together). Microsoft was one.
I understand that the plan is to have both IPSec and L2TP in Win00. Things
could change though. Or worse, we could get MS-L2TP and/or MS-IPSec.

  Dan.

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:45:47 EST you wrote
> The only point about "de-facto" on PPTP is that it may be the only way
> Windows 2000 clients will do IPX VPN IPSec over remote access.
> (Unless Microsoft adds L2TP to Windows 2000.)  Also, if you put IPSec
> under Windows 95/98 DUN 1.3, PPTP is free.  This may make the point
> that "PPP is too much baggage" VERY moot.  (It's up to the market to
> decide if they want to install a third-party L2TP or GRE on Windows
> 2000, or use PPTP.)

Follow-Ups: References: