RE: (IPng 7211) RE: Last Call: Mobility Support in IPv6 to Propos ed Standard

Richard,

>Would you agree with this statement:
>
>"An IPsec-enabled node that is processing a routing header must perform
>inbound and outbound security policy checks, analogous to the checks
>performed by security gateways."
>
>If we are in agreement on this, then I'd like to move on to considering the
>IPsec processing performed by a node generating a packet with a routing
>header, with the case of a correspondent node sending a packet to a mobile
>node being one example.

The critical issue is whether the node is a party to an SA for the packet
and IPsec header in question.  The fact that this is not mentioned in your
concise statement makes me feel that we may still not be on the same
wavelength.

Steve