Re: 3DES with 40-bit key?

Hmmm, I don't remember the outcome of the "show of hands" vote to
drop Single DES from the "Must" classification.  I do remember that
3DES was selected as the "Must" of choice for a stronger encryption
algorithm.  As for export concerns, if it was me, I would implement
both DES and 3DES (at a minimum) and only enable 3DES in the US/CAN
version.

  It was a pretty straightforward outcome of making 3DES a "Must" that
US companies would be hamstrung in that we would be unable to export
a compliant ISAKMP/IKE/IPSEC implementation.

Regards,
Michael Carney - Secure Computing Corporation.