Re: ipsec error codes

<SNIP!>
> In this situation, standardized event codes would go a long way in terms of
> diagnostics, accounting, etc.

I understand that such diagnostics are useful.  The other part of my question
remains unanswered:

> > At first glance, I don't see what problem is being solved.  What
> > on-the-wire entity would issue these codes and messages?

Are these extensions to IKE?  What entity issues such error codes?  Are we
inventing a new protocol that does nothing but report errors?  Or is this
merely a proposal of output from <something> that can be read?

Thanks,
Dan

Follow-Ups: References: