Re: representation of IKE DH shared secret

Dan Harkins writes:
> Is this a problem? We seem to have gotten a score (or so) interoperable
> implementations as its written but maybe that's just because a D-H
> secret hasn't been produced yet that began with 8 bits of zero. But
> somehow I doubt it.

It is mainly because of the interop meetings. I remember seeing
different non-interoperable version because of this in one interop
meeting. After we didn't interoperate the other ends code was changed
to do what everybody else is doing, and then we had interoperable
versions.

There is some of this kind of things that you can only learn by coming
to the interop meeting and checking out how others are doing things.
--
kivinen@iki.fi                               Work : +358-9-4354 3218
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/

Follow-Ups: References: