Re: representation of IKE DH shared secret

(oops, last one got away from me too soon).

> > [This doesn't actually say "padded up to be an integral number of
> > octets", but I assume that this is meant.  Should it be stated?]

Yes.

MD5, (and, by extension, HMAC-MD5) counts bits rather than bytes
(though, perhaps fortunately, the published C API to MD5 doesn't let
you feed a non-integral number of octets through it), so it's
*conceivable* that someone could interpret the spec to indicate an
unpadded shared secret.

					- Bill