Re: Decrypting ID payload in Main Mode w/shared secrets

  Yet another thought. How about an exchange ala New Group Mode that is
New ID_KEY_ID mode? Upon successful authentication using an identity of
ID_KEY_ID this can be used to associate a new ID_KEY_ID with an existing
pre-shared key. That way you don't use the same ID_KEY_ID every time and
whatever sort of identity traffic analysis you were imagining would be
impossible.

  Yet another thought. After someone authenticates with an identity that's
an ID_KEY_ID have each side recompute a new ID_KEY_ID based upon the old
one: new-key-id = prf(SKEYID_d, old-key-id). This behavior could (should)
be protected by a vendor ID payload.

  Dan.

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:11:35 PDT you wrote