Re: INITIAL-CONTACT issues

At 05:45 PM 5/7/99 -0400, Stephen Kent wrote:
>Alex,
>
>>Has anyone had deployment experience with IKE?
>>Do actual customers like it running over UDP?
>>Is there any resistance with opening an IKE UDP
>>port in firewalls?
>
>Folks at several companies have cited problems getting IPsec traffic
>through in general, whether UPD for IKE or AH or ESP.
>
>Steve

Hmm...I've been hearing for the past year about large corporate customers
(with network security aware IS staff) being very resistance about opening
up a new UDP port in their firewalls for incoming and outgoing packets
(this happens to be a proprietary authentication protocol over UDP).
I was wondering if anyone selling an IKE over UDP solution has experienced
this resistance as well.  These customers seem willing to do TCP.

- Alex
--

Alex Alten

Alten@Home.Com