Re: IKE transport (was INITIAL-CONTACT issues)

On Fri, 14 May 1999 18:46:52 PDT you wrote
> My main desire for requesting the use of a reliable transport was to avoid
> the
> problem of tuning retransmit timers.

Except using your suggestion you'd have to establish every peer-wise
relationship using UDP with retransmit timers and then you'd get to do
Quick Modes over TCP. Doesn't sound like much of a benefit.

> I was looking at it from the point of security gateways needing to support
> thousands of IKE sessions.

Supporting thousands of IKE sessions on a security gateway is not a problem.

  Dan.